What's new

Need a help with sony str-dh810 calibration S-33 error (1 Viewer)

gotojanoo

Auditioning
Real Name
Gotojanoo
Hi

I had connected sony str-dh810 receiver with polk rm6750 5.1 speakers.

its my 1st system. As a start up its says calibration so i tried that and ended up with error its says E S-33.

SO read the code its says surround speakers might not be connected. i checked connection everything seems okay.

ANyone have any suggestion what to do?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
When you say you "checked" the connection, did you just visually glance at it, or did you actually disconnect the speakers, re-twist the wires nice and tight, then re-insert the wire and tighten the binding post back down? Be sure you actually re-insert the wires because if there's a short, chances are you won't be able to detect it by looking at it.

Second, this is a 7.1 receiver - and you are running a 5.1 speaker system. That's perfectly fine, but be sure the surround speakers are plugged into the "Surround" speaker terminals and not the "Surround Back" speaker terminals. The "Surround" speaker terminals are the ones that are immediately ABOVE the terminals for your main speakers.

If you try using Surround Back speakers without any Surround speakers connected, that can cause problems with the automatic setup.

If neither of these solve your problem, let us know and we can take additional steps.

gotojanoo

Auditioning
Real Name
Gotojanoo
Jason thanks for reply man.

O man i did not pulled out i just checked at a glanced.okay so in short i had used subwoofer out from reciver to line in to speakers.

Then i did center to center. But am confused about the one u says i had for more terminals in my receiver for surround 4 speakers.

so i plugged it in.

u says "Surround" speaker terminals",is that suppose to be on receiver or speakers?

manual page 6 i had used option one. http://www.polkaudio.com/downloads/manuals/home/RM6750_Manual.pdf

So 1st thing i will check connection first today and then will go ahead what u said this evening

if u see on the back of the sub what is speaker in and out? should i use that if am using option 1?

and for we say left and right channel so if its count for interms of receiver left right or us ? if we face towards receiver?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
"Option 1" in your speaker manual is pretty much what you want to do, but it's a bit misleading because it uses the term "Rear" to describe the surround speakers.

Since your receiver is a 7.1 model, it has speaker terminals labeled "Rear Surround" as well as terminals labeled "Surround". Since you're running a 5.1 system, you want to use the "Surround" terminals on the back of your receiver to connect your two surround speakers (NOT the "Surround Back" terminals on the back of the receiver). It's a very understandable mistake.

As for the subwoofer, you will only connect that to the receiver using an RCA-style cable. Do not connect your front left/right speakers to the spring-clips on the back of the subwoofer.

The front left/right and center channel speakers connect directly to their respective terminals on the back of the receiver.

Left and right are always relative to the listener. So as you sit in the sofa looking at the TV, the right speaker is on the right side, the left speaker is on the left side (same with the surrounds).

Good luck. From what you describe, I'm reasonably confident this will solve your problem.

gotojanoo

Auditioning
Real Name
Gotojanoo
Hey Jason,

Exactly i was wrong as u said , i had connected to Surround Back and once u told me i had changed and connected to Surround and Booom!!!!!. I did calibration and went everything fine.

u save my life Jason. Appreciate all yr help and this forum.

gotojanoo

Auditioning
Real Name
Gotojanoo
As an update somehow when i ran my ps3 through receiver with hdmi.I have wiered problem my screen becomes dark no picture at all every 30-40 second ,i mean its blinking. sound is there but screen went dark and i can see sometime green corner on my tv i know what might be wrong.Its just brand new setup.

imacwalker

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Hello, new to the forum, I too have a Sony STR-DH10 and a ps3 connected via HDMI, The tv is a samsung 1080p plasma, and i to am getting the signal dropping out every now & again. I have checked the cables are all secure, No luck- it isnt as regular as you say its happening its weird intermittent. Any adivce would be great

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks