What's new

New Spider-Man: Animated Series DVD (1 Viewer)

Shane Bryant

Agent
Got this news from www.cnl.com (online retailer that was the first to break the news of Superbit deluxe)
Due on October 29th, is a second Spider-Man: The Animated Series DVD entitled "Return Of The Green Goblin". It's the same price as the other dvd. I'd guess the episodes included would be the 8th through the 11th in season four.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Someone beat you on that scoop by a month; sorry. Didn't exactly generate a lot of excitement last time.
Info is still very thin on this release: no episode listings, no box art, no details other than the release date and the $19.99 SRP. :p)
I'm keeping an eye out, though.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Same here, although I would have preferred that they should release these in season box sets.
:emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Oscar, I'm sure Disney won't experiment with seasonal box sets for animated shows like Spider-Man until they see how Felicity, Once & Again, and Sports Night do for them. And, while they wait, they can check out the continued success of Transformers.

What else is there? He-Man is coming that way, in theory, but noone even knows from WHO yet. There's the stuff we've seen dribbled out for Scooby-Doo and Batman: TAS, but nowhere near complete.

There's not a lot of hard data on the success of season sets for older kid cartoons yet, so the mouse is taking it cautiously. They could be pioneers here, but they will leave it instead the in the hands of Rhino, which ironically is owned by Warner...

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
David
I guess your right about that, then again Disney pioneered many things in the past, yet this is a different ballgame.
Tron was way ahead of its time when it came out in 1982 and funny enough predicted a lot of futuristic gadgets that are now common place.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
According to some DVD Distributors...

Debuting in 1994, this SPIDER-MAN animated series introduced a whole new generation of fans to Stan Lee's web slinger. The story of Spider-Man's origins is well known to fans: Peter Parker, a shy young budding scientist, obtains his unique abilities when an irradiated spider bites him. However, Spidey had been successful at hiding his true identity from his enemies until these episodes, when his archenemy, The Green Goblin, discovers his origins. Later, Spidey finds himself in more hot water when he has his first run-in with The Hobgoblin.

Features:

* Full Frame
* English & Spanish Stereo tracks
* Production Interview with Stan Lee
* Classic 1967 Episode
* The Rogue's Challenge Game
* Scene Access
* Interactive Menus

As mentioned above, 10/29 and $19.99 retail.

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
Here is the cover art to Spider-Man: Return of the Green Goblin:
Link Removed
Link Removed
Enjoy! :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I was able to enjoy this today, as someone broke street date on it. I won't say who, of course, but I paid $14.44 for it (that ought to narrow it down quite a bit).
It's very comparable to the previous release. For anyone who wants straight-from-the box specs on this (Anthony is right on the money, with very minor changes), check the data I listed here .
The only thing that I shoud mention about that release info is that I showed "The Spot" as "#312". It is production number three-hundred-and-ten. But it is properly shown as the 12th episode of season 3. Hence my decision to list it at TVShowsOnDVD as "#312"; it is immediately followed by the other three shows on this disc. They form an arc together. So don't bust my chops for the "mistake", okay? :D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
What else is there? He-Man is coming that way, in theory, but noone even knows from WHO yet. There's the stuff we've seen dribbled out for Scooby-Doo and Batman: TAS, but nowhere near complete.
Umm, where did you hear He-Man was coming? Maybe Hallmark finally figured out noone wants the Filmation catalog as a whole

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Umm, where did you hear He-Man was coming? Maybe Hallmark finally figured out noone wants the Filmation catalog as a whole
Jeff, do a search here on HTF.
At the last San Diego comic con, many MANY people wrote to various websites (including TVShowsOnDVD) that there was a panel discussion of the producers of the new series (which hadn't aired yet, IIRC). When asked about DVDs for the new series, the panel agree as one of them (I forget which) stated that DVDs were already in development for the new series...and for the old series as well.
Some reports went on to specify that She-Ra DVDs were NOT in the offing until that character is worked into the new series somehow. But that MoTU classic was a definate.
No timeline - or even studio - was named for putting out either old or new series. Which is why TVShowsOnDVD hasn't said much about it.
In the meantime, I've been picking up toys at Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, and Toys R Us for the new series, which features classic charactes. Many of these toys feature VHS tapes of classic episodes, nicely remastered and from like you would expect and hope for:
Battle Sound He-Man: Diamond Ray of Disappearance
Battle Sound He-Man (dupe): Dragon Invasion
Battle Sound Skeletor: The Problem with Power
Man At Arms: Into The Abyss
Beast Man: To Save Skeletor
Toys are about $8-$12; I have the last four I listed, but haven't yet been able to bring myself to buy a second toy just for the different VHS. Especially knowing the DVDs are supposed to be coming. I may get it anyway. It will tide me over, and my son is really enjoying these! He thinks he's Prince Adam. :D
Well, he IS blonde...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks