What's new

New RPTV makes my computer monitors all wobbly (1 Viewer)

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
Has anyone seen this? I just bought a new RPTV (Sony 51WS500) and when it's turned on, the image on both my computer monitors starts to get all shaky and wobbly. The monitors and tv are on three different surge protectors, plugged into outlets in three different areas of my condo. What is this, and what can I do about it? Thanks

JoeRiley

Stunt Coordinator
Hey... that's happnening to me too. I just got my RPTV tuesday, and have noticed the same little problem.

It's a minor wobbling... but it's definitely there. And my tv is on a surge protector on a completely seperate electrical outlet then the computer and monitor (also on a surge protector).

FWIW, I'm in an apartment building that was built in the mid 70's.

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
It's a condo, and it's about 24 years old. I don't know if it's the original wiring, I've only lived here about a year...

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I had an issue with a line running up and down through my monitor...it turned out to be too much power all on the same circuit (2 monitors, computers, A/C, and some other stuff). The monitor wasn't getting enough power, and that's why it was acting funny. It took a couple of hours searching the net to figure it out. I was reseating the video card, reinstalling drivers, checking interrupts, etc.

Perhaps check your circuit breakers to see if the TV and the comps are on the same circuit (you can never tell how an older house could be wired). My dad had problems in my grandma's old victorian house. With the TV, the computer, and the microwave, and a couple of other smaller things were all on at once, it blew a fuse. He had to turn off the TV to use the microwave out in the kitchen. He also finally figured out the wall A/C unit on the same circuit was causing his cable modem to disconnect. Tech support never did figure it out. He put 2 and 2 together one day.

dan fritzen

Second Unit
Isn't it because of the electomagnetic forces in the monitors and TV's? I get it too and have seen it at a friends house and he just rewired his basement to handle all 7 of his PC's (for LAN gaming.)

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
I borrowed a voltage meter from work, and the voltage in all the outlets seems OK, maybe a little high (121-124 volts). I'm not sure if this is relevant. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks