What's new

New Rcvr comparable to Denon AVR3600? (1 Viewer)

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Hi,
I currently have a Denon AVR-3600 which has served me well over the years. I really like its sound, build quality, flexibility, etc. However, it is starting to show its age in a few key areas which I would like to rectify:
1) No DTS, or other modern formats
2) Only 2 digital inputs (not incl. the AC-3 RF)
3) No Component switching.
4) Misc. other bells and whistles that have come along in the last 5 years.
However, the one feature it has that almost no other modern receiver has is an AC-3 RF input for Dolby-Digital laserdiscs, a feature which I use all the time and want!
I know some of the flagship receivers still have this (Denon 5800 for sure, what else does?), but do any non-flagships have this?
Alternatively, are the little AC-3RF demod boxes still available? If so, what receivers would in all other ways be the equal or master of the the AVR3600 w/o spending a fortune? Does the 3801/3802 measure up in terms of sound and build quality?
I know the 5800 would satisfy all my criteria, but it is a little out of my price range if I have to buy from an authorized dealer and pay full list or close.
Thanks for any suggestions!
Scott
------------------
Scott Barnhart
[email protected]

GregoriusM

Second Unit
I think you should take a close look at the new 3802.
------------------
.... "just me up on my pony on my boat".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks