What's new

New Peanuts releases (1 Viewer)

Mark Lx

Second Unit
Why do they keep releasing the same specials over and over again with these 2 episode ripoffs? Where's Race for your Life?

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I know what you mean. There are a few of my favorites that haven't been released yet either. Like, 'It Was A Short Summer, Charlie Brown', 'Play It Again, Charlie Brown', and 'You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown.'

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

We need "Race for Your Life" and "Bon Voyage" and I agree these announcements are a waste and dissapointing.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
We just get the same 5 holiday specials over and over, paired up with similar specials. On another thread a while back they were talking about a boxed set in Europe that included ALL the specials. Why can't we have that here?

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Travis
Well the WB releases have been pretty high quality so I will be pleased to pick up the boxset that includes Great Pumpkin, Thanksgiving, & Christmas since I only have them on VHS and not DVD. And at the same time I think we can look forward to some of the unreleased stuff now that the holiday big ones are out of the way and maybe we can even score the Charlie Brown & Snoopy Show.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The first season of The Charlie Brown & Snoopy Show is available on iTunes. Not the same, but I thought I'd mention it.

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Why couldn't they remaster all the shows on each release? Only the main show on each disc is remastered. I guess they expect us to buy it a third time for those.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Has anyone actually seen the new versions and can tell us if the remastering is good enough to warrant the upgrade ?

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
I actually do have the DVD releases for Be My Valentine Charlie Brown and It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown. I thought both transfers and bonus episodes were just fine thanks and quite frankly, I'm not blinking for a second to double dip for Pumpkin, Christmas and Thanksgiving.

By the way, You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown will get it's own double release just before the election in November.

Mark Lx

Second Unit

Let me get this straight. You're not blinking over buying a DVD with 2 half hour episodes A SECOND TIME. I'd blink before renting it once.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

"You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown" has been on out DVD for years. It's the 2nd feature on the Paramount "Great Pumpkin" disc.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew

I don't blink because a.) I'm asking for the set as a Christmas present and b.) my old copy goes to Half Price Books, so I make a little money off the deal.

Besides, these new sets do have some nice bonuses, including a CD of the music from the specials. What's not to like?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
WHV promised that ALL the TV specials and both seasons of CB&S Show would eventually be released in some sort of comprehensive collectors set. Let's just hope those promises in the press release distributed last year are not held to the same code as that chronological and collective Tom & Jerry gift set statements... I'm not buying any of the singles or pairings until they release all the specials in a proper collection.

DennisPCJr

Agent
Warner does some of the best remastering there is. If these episodes have been remastered like some of their older movies they probably will look like their a week old instead of 50 years old. If they got the regular tv show on dvd treatment then theres probly nothing improved. They do all come with a lot of new supplements and the cd like someone said.
The big question I have which nobody seems to ask is, will any copy ever have Linus landing into the Coca Cola billboard in A Charlie Brown Christmas. Snoopy flings Charlie Brown into the billboard with the title on it and Linus originally is flug into a sign that said brought to you by your local Coca Cola bottler. Why this would be so taboo to put on a dvd i dont know. Ive heard of this shot forever and never have even seen a still for it. I know ten or so years ago CBS spent money to restore and edit in the hitting the cans off the fence sequence. I heard supposedly they were Coke cans as well but that may have been rumor.
Also im sure this has been asked but why arent older tv shows and programs like this that were shot on film being released on Blu Ray? Do they not think theres a market for it or is it something technical i dont know about?

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Thought I'd let everyone know that Snoopy's Reunion was released today with a bonus episode, It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown.

And there's a 60's Peanuts collection coming out in July with 6 or so episodes, rehashing a couple of things like the Christmas and Halloween specials, but including a couple of new ones Warner hasn't done yet plus a couple that are completely new to DVD, like He's Your Dog Charlie Brown.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

All sorts of reasons. The economy, allegedly poor sales of some shows on DVD (although the criteria for what is considered "good" sales is often unclear), the reluctance of some consumers to re-buy large quantities of stuff.

The Coca-Cola references may have been cut from the negative. I don't know this for a fact, but shows like I Love Lucy cut references to their former sponsors (Philip Morris, in Lucy's case) from episodes' negatives after said sponsorship ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks