What's new

New Outlaw Newsletter (mid-February) (1 Viewer)

Kevin P

Screenwriter
...I think Outlaw should comeout with a big ~ $599 2 channel 200 wpc amp to complement not only their 750 165x5 amp...
That would be cool. I would like to see a slimmed down 770--7 channels at 100 wpc for those who want the 950 plus 7 channels of amplification but find the 770 to be overkill. I would snap up a 950 with a 100wpc 7 channel amp in a heartbeat.

KJP

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Larry,

I believe that the 'Short Stack' was mentioned to be a set of 6 cables for the ICBM (shorter than normal wires since the ICBM would be right near the DVD player) but I could be mistaken.

W

Will

I would snap up a 950 with a 100wpc 7 channel amp in a heartbeat.
If they used the 950 pre/pro in a receiver, the receiver might well have a 100wpc 7 channel amp. That power rating is in middle of the ballpark of the power ratings for receivers these days. Of course, it's all speculative. :)

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Getting back to the question of what their surprise pre-baseball season product will be, I liked what another poster guessed last month - a remote. I built on this guess by saying that they would market an OEM version of the upcoming MX-700. Well, with an OEM'd SL-9000 to be included with the 950, this guess is still in the running.
Given URC's apparent desire to minimize providing direct support to a potentially large customer base versus a smaller set of installers re the MX-700, I think it makes a lot of sense to OEM a version of it to another company for resell. Let Outlaw deal with the masses (although remotecentral appears to be a good centralized funnel for such stuff). It's also possible that the MX-700 will end up OEM'd and paired with other high end gear, but that would result in more market overlap with the installer base.
Of course, this is all wishful thinking on my part :cool: . Anyone want to further perpetuate this wish?
Doug

W

Will

I still wonder if it might be a new receiver. Whatever it is, we'll know for sure soon! The Outlaws said they'll announce the pre-baseball season product before February 28. And they said they'll have at least two other new previously-unannounced products before the end of the year, as well. Wonder what the two other new products are?

Roderick S

Auditioning
I'm voting for a SACD/DVD-A player. I think they stated earlier that they would wait until a digital connection was confirmed before introducing a como player.
However, I think they will offer a second player with a digital connection when they introduce the hi-end pre-amp. I don't think you will see either until there is some resolution to the copyright issues.....
If they introduce a combo player in the $500-$1000 range that continues the same value they've displayed in past products look out !!:D
I fully expect any product Outlaw produces to compete with products at least 2x-3x times the asking price. So far I've not been disappointed.

W

Will

Since February ends in less than a week, and since Major League Baseball begins in about five weeks, maybe there will be a new product announced soon! :)
Here's the excerpt once again.
NEW PRODUCT NEWS
In our last Newsletter we said that there would be at least three new products from the Outlaws before the end of the year, and that one of them will ship before the first pitch of this year's Major League Baseball season. That schedule remains valid and we plan to announce one of those products before the end of February. Stay tuned, but remember no complaining about lack of advance notice. This one is going to ship quickly, and those of you who may have just bought a product in this category from another brand may wish that you DID know what we were planning.
Notice how it says the new product will ship quickly, perhaps to distinguish it from Outlaw products that didn't ship until long long after they were announced.
bashcomp.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks