What's new

New Onkyo Universal SACD/DVD-Audio/Progressive Scan Player Details (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Rich- I'd bet $750.

Anyone know if Analog Devices NSV Precision Video 108 MHz/12-bit video D/A converters will have the chroma bug? Do Onkyo DVD players now have it?

And, from the back, looks like it's made in Japan. That's a good thing.

No info on bass management yet...

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Kevin,

The Analog Devices parts you mentioned are Video D/A convertors, and will have no effect whatsoever on the presence or absence of Chroma bug.

I suspect that this and the Yamaha players are based on the Pioneer DV-47A OEM Kit.

They Yammie will include deinterlacing via the Faroudja chipset, so it has the potential to mask any effects of the chroma bug.

I don't know which deinterlacing solution the Onkyo employs, but the DCDi logo was not on the front panel.

Yes, the Pioneer MPEG decoder (I think it's a Mitsubishi part) has chroma bug.

Regards,

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John said:

They Yammie will include deinterlacing via the Faroudja chipset, so it has the potential to mask any effects of the chroma bug.
That's very good news. Hopefully it will be free of the chroma bug. It's nice to see someone making a universal player and not "copying" Pioneer's design.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Anyone heard of a release date for the Onkyo or Integra universal player?

Aaron

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Looks good! I would put that player on my list if I was in the market for a SACD/DVDA player.
But I'm happy for now with my Sony 775/Pan RP91 combo. Both of these only cost $650.:D

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
My local Integra dealer said the 8.3 is suppose to be out this month. Maybe it won't be such a long wait afterall. Of course, we still don't know how this unit will perform......

Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks