What's new

New Onkyo Receiver...now for the speakers (1 Viewer)

After researching for far too long, I finally made the plunge into HT and got the Onkyo 575x on closeout. It arrived yesterday (I was expecting to get it Tuesday) so I was a little unprepared speaker wise.
I got a little anxious and picked up a pair of JBL N26 at BB for my temporary mains. I have spent a lot of time auditioning different speakers (the JBL's were never one of them) and am pretty set on PSB Image 2's. None of the local PSB dealers will negotiate at all, so I will have to find a good online dealer.
My question is this...has anyone compared the JBL vs. PSB? My intention was to take the JBL's back once the PSB's arrived or I could make the them my rears and get the PSB for the front. But after reading so many rave reviews on the JBL's, would I be better off sticking with them for everything (besides sub).
BTW, the reciever kicks ass!

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
I have , and believe me THERE IS NO COMPARING THE 2.
You can get a good pair of PSB for not alot.
Try:
Alpha a/v
Shielded 2 way
1/2 tweeter
6 1/2 woofer
68-21,000 hz
sensitivity 92 db
Center :
Alpha Center
Shielded 2 way center
1/2 tweeter
2X4 woofer
70-21,000hz
sensitivity 93 db
Rear:
Alpha Intro LR ( SRP $199.00)
I have the Intro LR's and love them.For fronts I have the Stratus Silver & center i have the Centrey ci.
I could not find a price for the Alpha center or A/V. But If the Alpha A/V are too much try the Alpha Mini's.
Hope this helps.
Rca 36in tv
Denon AV-2800
Panasonic DVD-RV80
PSB Stratus Silver
PSB Centrey CI
PSB Alpha LR
MTX 12 inch power sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks