What's new

New mall has a BOSE store!! Can't wait to... (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
WARNING! WARNING!

A Bose Store is about to open at Beachwood Mall in Beachwood, Ohio (near Cleveland). I call for an immediate boycott.

Keir H

Second Unit
I got a chance to sit in a demo of the Pod race scene in a Bose store here in Houston just for kicks. Yes, it was missing alot of bass info experience folks know that's there. The guys were pretty nice but seem to be very android-like selling machines..:D THey were trying to push the AM-15 for $999..but when I heard the bass from the LS50 system for $3499....I just had to have it!
Just kiddin..!

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
They have one near me, so I might make a trek over there just to ask annoying questions.
Besides "Does this play DTS?", "Does this do Dolby Pro Logic II decoding?", "How low does the Acoustimass module go as far as reproducing sounds?", and "where are the system specifications?"; what would be some good questions to ask?? :)

Keir H

Second Unit
E. All of the above. :D
Also to see how low they'll go on price. But hey, take it easy on the poor guys...:D

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
LOL.... I'll be sure to ask all the annoying questions if I do end up going.

In a couple of days (after I get my receiver), I'll actually have a complete Home Theater system for about $1,600 or so. Despite the fact that I got it heavily discounted, I'm sure it can beat the pants off of any system Bose offers, including the Lifestyle 50.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
There are a few Bose stores in my area (Philly, New Jersey, Delaware). I don't waste my time by looking around. I walk right by. :)

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
I had a Bose rep tell me that THX EX and DTS ES is a "big lie" and it is nothing more that a summation of the signals from the L&R rear channels. He said there is nothing encoded on a THX EX DVD that is not on a plain old 5.1. He also went on to tell me that a buddy of his has a $20,000 B&W hometheater set-up that didn't sound as good as the Lifestyle system he was peddling....I LOVE MESSING WITH THE BOSE GUYS!!!!!!!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks