What's new

New Japan Superbits Announced (1 Viewer)

AlexBC

Second Unit
Sony Japan has just announced 2 superbit releases for 05/26:

Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc
Erin Brockovich

there's also the previously announced for 04/28:

The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen
Hook

the preview covers can be seen at amazon.jp

Tan Ng

Stunt Coordinator
yeah Erin Brokovich. What was Sony thinking when they chose this for Superbit? Julia Roberts raised boobs???

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
Erin Brockovich? What a waste of a Superbit title.

Superbit would be better put to use for titles like:

Bad Boys II
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
The Replacement Killers
Ghostbusters

... and others!

Tan Ng

Stunt Coordinator
Harminder

yeah Replacement Killers would be nice superbit. How about Godzilla, Sony?

Tan Ng

Stunt Coordinator
CharlieC

Godzilla in region 2 is PAL. My TV can't play PAL and my SOny dvd player won't convert PAL to NTSC

Tan Ng

Stunt Coordinator
Craig

About 4%? What do you mean? Charlie are you in the UK? lucky. Actually I rented Godzilla at Nicheflix and tried to play with my Sony 9000ES and my TV screen was running from the bottom up continuously. The screen woudn;t stay still. My Sony will play PAl as PAl though but my Sony TV coudn't play PAL. Too bad

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator

LOL ;)

If I can save a few minutes while watching a film, without even noticing it, I'll take it. Besides, I am also getting a noticeable 20%...
:D

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
It is not a secret here at the international forum...

PAL DVDs has a speed up problem, which is about 4% due to framing. (NTSC 24fps and PAL 25fps).

but this format also puts out more scan lines, which is 20% more than NTSC (NTSC 720*480 and PAL 720*596).

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
I both agree and disagree with you all. I also think that Erin is a bad choice for a Superbit, but I don´t think that titels such as Bad Boys II and T3 should be Superbit titles as they already have very good picture quality and sound. It´s a waste to put them on japanese Superbit. They could put that kind of crap on R1 Superbit. Ok, I´m not sure, but I guess some of these titles may not have dts on R1, but they have on R2 so I´ll buy them instead.

No, Superbit titles should be exclusive for "old" titles, classics, as Stand By Me, Dr. Strangelove. Lawrence of Arabia, Das Boot, Taxi Driver etc.. Films that really need a new transfer and a good cleanup and I guess that Ghostbuster will fit in this category too. And I hope that more of these kind of titles will be released in Japan as Superbit.

Tan Ng: It think they do not want another PAL v. NTSC discussion, since there are to many already. I can´t hear or see any difference, so I´m not limited to any regions. Sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks