What's new

New, Improved, Even MORE Obnoxious POP UPS!! (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Are you gettin' these, too often? They appear with that corner I need to click them off, OFF SCREEN. That's right, first you have to move the whole Pop Up to where you can get at the off switch.

I downloaded one of the pop up killer programs, didn't make a bit of difference.

Jim

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Buzz: If you disable flash (I don't know if it comes w/ a way to disable per-site, or if IE can handle that...) you won't get those ads.

I use 'pop-up stopper pro' to stop regular pop-ups. It's by far the best blocker I've used.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
And here's another thing: pop-ads in junk e-mail! Argh!
If you're using Outlook/Outlook Express, definitely go into its options and tell it to use the Restricted Sites zone for email. Then any Javascript/ActiveX garbage in spam won't execute. Next thing you know someone will create a virus that takes advantage of this HUGE security hole.

KJP

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Meaya's Popup Ad Filter

I never get those windows anymore.

and if a window does pop up and doesn't have a clearly visible "close window" button just press ctrl-f4

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Mozilla has a pop-up disabler under its scripting options. It works real well, I haven't seen a pop-up since I started using it 10 days ago. It does allow things you want to pop up to open, but I think it limits it only to the link you clicked on. Also, you can block images from specific servers by right clicking on them. Works great for ads on some sites, although its not entirely perfect.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
The joys of Omniweb and Mozilla.

Built-in javascript controls to limit popup to links you click or eliminate them altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks