What's new

'New' DC game mini-reviews... (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Got a bunch of DC games for Christmas, picked up a bunch with GiftCards, and received a bunch in the mail from the UK. Lots to play! Thought I'd post some impressions of them as I'm sure /someone/ out there is interested...
Head Hunter Closest thing you'll find to Metal Gear Solid on the DC (forgetting about Bleem). Impressive graphics, impressive presentation, impressive gameplay so far. Nice story building intro/presentation - satire on the Starship Troopers style newscasts etc. Gameplay is very 'inspired' by Metal Gear Solid, which is a good thing. Worth getting.
Stunt GP Another UK only game. RC car racer with more over the top jumps/tracks & physics than Revolt had. Very cartoony colours & graphics. A little bit of slowdown occasionally & bad loading times though. But it's a LOT of fun - haven't laughed in merriment at a racer like this in a long time. I like.
Test Drive Le Mans Traditional racer, nice graphics, tough to pick up. Reminds me of the bits of GT1/2 I liked rather than the poo garage stuff. There's lots of other racers out there for the DC though...
Championship Surfer Very pleasant suprise - got average reviews, but I'm really enjoying it. Tony Hawk style tricks on waves, more of an emphasis on technical skill than button mashing. Steep learning curve. Graphics are nothing outstanding. Interesting though - it's cheap at Best Buy too.
Metropolis Street Racer Finally grabbed a US copy. Best racing game on the DC - great graphics, great handling, great system. Go get it, okay? PGR wouldn't exist without it.
Rippin Riders Cool Boarders on the DC basically. An older DC game I missed. Okay.. It ain't SSX or Tony Hawk.
Alien Front Online $20 from Best Buy! Very fun - old school 3D arcade blasting - you'll die often & it makes it all the more fun. Control a tank to blast aliens to pieces. Fun, fun, fun. Got 60 odd single player missions too for added play time...
Bomberman Online It's bomberman with cel shading. Lovely presentation. Not completely sure of the new camera angle in single player. Some new play mechanics combined with the classic Bomberman. Multiplayer should be a blast (pun intended). Did I say the presentation/graphics are lovely?

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
Hmmm... How much is Headhunter retailing for in the UK? Between that and Rez, I might have to do some importing...

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
The unofficial RRP is 30 uk pounds, but you can get it online for a discount - Gameplay.com have it for 27 pounds. Works out to be about $45-50 including shipping.

Gameplay.com are good - one of the biggest onling retailers in the UK and have plenty of experience of exporting to the USA. I have to admit a little bias - I'm good friends with their chief webmaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks