What's new

New Beatles Song....Sort of..Kind of (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
A radio station (indie 103.1 if you want to check it out) has been playing the John Lennon part of A Day in the Life (I read the news today, Oh Boy) with the OmPa OmPa refrain from I am the Walrus and the 2 merged together is a stand alone new song and it sounds great!!
Anyone know where this comes from? It's really bugging me because I don't have it.
I don't remember it being on the Anthology CDs.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I think it's just the creative work by some enterprising person. Why don't you just give the station a call?

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Is that where Lennons lyrics are set to Radioheads "Karma Police"? It is available all over the net. Just Google "Beatles and Karma Police".

It is interesting to say the least.

C

gregD

Second Unit
There is a small self-release out there by an outfit called The Negative Beatles... they take tracks from original Beatle releases and mix-and-match em together... for a nifty psychedelic effect.

Not an official Beatle release, but fun anyway.

Grant B... they've been playing cuts regularly on KUSF, just up the hill... give em a buzz, they can probably steer you to the album... or for that matter, if anyone has it, it's Amoeba.

KUSF: http://kusf.org/index.shtml

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Thanks gregD!
I am down in Long Beach working so I can't pick up KUSF (I couldn't pick up KUSF when I lived in the Sunset....a good 2 miles away for that matter!)
I am surprised they are allowed to release them...I'll check Amoeba when I go home (There goes another $100 at least)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Just got an email back from the station, it is unreleased which is pretty suprising for a commerical radio station.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks