New "Battlestar Galactica" 2nd Season - Will there be a single boxed set?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Joey Gunz, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz Second Unit

Does anyone know if Universal will release the entire 2nd season of the new "Battlestar Galactica" series in a single boxed set? I've been holding off on buying "2.0" and the upcoming "2.5" because I was hoping they'd combine and release both sets into a single collection.

2. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

As far as it has been suggested by others in another thread, it looks like there will not be a single season 2 box set.

3. Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz Second Unit

That's disappointing. I guess that means we'll be spending $80 a season (seasons 2 and on) if they continue releasing half a season boxed sets at $40 each. [​IMG]

4. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

perhaps R2 will have it

5. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Based on all the previous posts, my understanding is the current Season 2 box set of Galactica IS the second season. Then when the current crop of shows airing is issued in a DVD box set, it is it's own season, call it 2.5. But because these are on cable and not the traditional 3 networks, who is to say they have to stick to 23 or 26 episodes per season. My belief from what I'm reading here is that that's the way they will be airing and then issued on DVD. So if $40 is a bit pricy per season, then I'm sure someone will jump on this and call it as expensive as Star Trek per season.[​IMG]

6. Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz Second Unit

You're half right. From what I've read, 2.0 is the first half of the 2nd season. When "BG 2.5" is released, it will be the 2nd half of season 2. The Scifi channel has a weird way of scheduling some of their programs. For instance, "Ghosthunters" season is split into 2 halves. I'm a big fan of "BG" so I'm just gonna go and buy both. I just found "2.0" for $30 so that isn't so bad actually. [​IMG]

7. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    BSG was just renewed for a third season, starting to film in April, I think...therefore, what we saw in the fall (ending with Pegasus) and what is airing right now is considered the second season. Fine by me.