What's new

New "Battlestar Galactica" 2nd Season - Will there be a single boxed set? (1 Viewer)

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
Does anyone know if Universal will release the entire 2nd season of the new "Battlestar Galactica" series in a single boxed set? I've been holding off on buying "2.0" and the upcoming "2.5" because I was hoping they'd combine and release both sets into a single collection.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
As far as it has been suggested by others in another thread, it looks like there will not be a single season 2 box set.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
That's disappointing. I guess that means we'll be spending $80 a season (seasons 2 and on) if they continue releasing half a season boxed sets at $40 each. :frowning:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Based on all the previous posts, my understanding is the current Season 2 box set of Galactica IS the second season. Then when the current crop of shows airing is issued in a DVD box set, it is it's own season, call it 2.5. But because these are on cable and not the traditional 3 networks, who is to say they have to stick to 23 or 26 episodes per season. My belief from what I'm reading here is that that's the way they will be airing and then issued on DVD. So if $40 is a bit pricy per season, then I'm sure someone will jump on this and call it as expensive as Star Trek per season.;)

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

You're half right. From what I've read, 2.0 is the first half of the 2nd season. When "BG 2.5" is released, it will be the 2nd half of season 2. The Scifi channel has a weird way of scheduling some of their programs. For instance, "Ghosthunters" season is split into 2 halves. I'm a big fan of "BG" so I'm just gonna go and buy both. I just found "2.0" for $30 so that isn't so bad actually. :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
BSG was just renewed for a third season, starting to film in April, I think...therefore, what we saw in the fall (ending with Pegasus) and what is airing right now is considered the second season. Fine by me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks