What's new

New Athena Audition series 2 brochure (1 Viewer)

KenLeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
I managed to get the new brochure for Athena's Audition line-up. I have it saved in a .pdf file and it has images/descriptions of the new audition line up along with the 2 new subs and architechural series. I haven't seen this posted on the Athena website or anywhere for that matter. Speakers look nice, a lot more silver including the woofer and port. An interesting note is the new sub (AS-P6000) which is a 12" with an 800 watt (200RMS) bash amplifier.

http://elepsis.org/temp/Audition2FinalMay2005.pdf

Thanks to Arcadiy for hosting the .pdf file.

P.S. I really like the new styling although I leave the covers on and when they are on you can't really notice any difference. Only thing I noticed is that the cone feet for the tower speakers are silver instead of black :D

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'm supriseed they didn't do more after looking at the brochure. A simple cosmetic change Makes the F2 and F1 looke better, but the C1, b2, and b1 look worse IMO.

The new subs look great!!

I wonder what the big boy can do in-room? Could be a valuable find!

Brent

I REALLY wish they came out with a bigger centre channel, isn't does a good job of keeping up but something like a horizontal F2 would have been perfect.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
brentl: where did you get the brochure?

so the changes are only cosmetic right? i just bought a pair of AS-B2's for only $135CAD coz of the clearance of the old design :)

i'd like to take a look at the new styling...

Edit: Bah, apparently I don't have 15 posts yet. You'll have to reformat the URL to be functional yourselves.

Okay, it's up at elepsis(.)org/temp/Audition2FinalMay2005.pdf for anyone who wants to look.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
wow, not much of a difference.. slightly different shade of silver on the front, and also accented drivers and the plastic surrounding the driver/tweeters.

KenLeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator

And just where would you fit that speaker ? The F2 is over 41 inches high. lol :D

If you really want a HUGE centre channel speaker why don't you just buy a single F2 and lay it horizontal under your TV

I posted the link to the .pdf in the first post since Arcadiy can't post links yet. Thanks again for hosting.

For anyone that's interested, I got the brochure from Joe Fraser at API. He works customer service for Athena/API. He is awesome and always responds to my e-mails quickly and with excellent info. I asked him about the WS series and why info wasn't on the website yet (since it says 2nd week of May info would be posted). He said that Best Buy USA bought their entire first shipment and that's why other stores in Canada haven't received any yet. They don't want to post the info about the WS series on their website until the product is available in stores. They believe it will lead to confusion.

Don Scott

Stunt Coordinator
So are these timbre matched to the first audition series? I think they should at least have introduced a center with 6.5" woofers. I'm glad though that they put out a new "lame ass cosmetic changes only" line up, because I got my AS-P400 for a good price and it's more sub than I need.

KenLeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
They should be timbre matched since the tweeter is the same teteron tweeter as the previous model on all speakers.

Don, how much did you pay for your AS-P400 and where'd you get it ? (if you don't mind me asking ?)

Don Scott

Stunt Coordinator
I got it online at futureshop.ca, they're sold out now they went very fast. I'm not sure if the price I paid will seem good to some folks but is was to me, I got it for $329+tax. I had been saving for the velodyne vx10 which was $299.99 but when I saw that the athena was marked down and only $30 more I jumped at it. I haven't heard that velo but on paper the AS-P400 looked much superior and I had read good re views on this site. So I'm totally happy with this sub especially for music when I have it teamed up with my JBL E50's.

MikeGee

Second Unit
Ah nice speakers ,but like its been said before not much of a difference when the cover is on. I'm glad the lineup didnt change power wise or i'd have felt left out with my 8 "old school" Audition series speakers.
Fantastic speakers nontheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks