What's new

new apartment ruined my setup!... (1 Viewer)

itai

Stunt Coordinator
i just moved to a (temporery) new apartment, and setup my paradigm studio's (60, cc, adp), and they sound different!...
in the old aprt. they were perfect, now they're bright and offensive!:frowning: , its a bigger living room, so the 3802 needs to work harder maybe, and the walls are less covered, but there's a thick carpet. i can't point my finger at anything, but i feel the perfect sound i had before is ruined...
i think i'll hang something on the back wall to see if it helps!...

Martice

Screenwriter
its a bigger living room, so the 3802 needs to work harder maybe, and the walls are less covered, but there's a thick carpet. i can't point my finger at anything, but i feel the perfect sound i had before is ruined...
1. How big is the room compared to your last one? A rough estimate would be fine. I think the 3802 should be fine for a large room. However, it comes down to how large the room is and how loud you like to play it. It would be easier for the Denon to fill up a smaller room with sound and also, it would be easier for YOU to fill up that same room with coincidental sound absorbing material like couches, pillows, stuffed toys and bookshelves. If your last room was about 11x9x9 and your new one is 24x19x12, then that's almost double the size and it may be time for you to start buying some 'EYE' appealing but sound absorbing things to help fill you new larger room and also a 2-channel amp to help the Denon out a bit with power, headroom (less distortion or brightness) and control issues.
2. If the walls are less covered (or have reflective surfaces), especially at the first reflection spots to the sides of the room, rear walls or the wall behind the sound stage, then those may be the culprits to your bright sounding gear and room as well.
3. Last but not least, I noticed that you never mentioned that you played around with speaker placement extensively. You should be able to accomplish this because of the new "larger" room. New room? New speaker placements and calibrations must be used. Having them where they LOOK THE BEST instead of having them where they Perform THE BEST be could be the difference between "Perfection" and "Poor Performance".
Let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks