1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

New amp for Studio 100s....holy moly!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Levin, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Daniel Levin

Daniel Levin Extra

I recently replaced my Parasound HCA1500 (205wpc) with an HCA3500 (350wpc). I finally got around to hooking the new amp up. My Paradigm Studio 100s suddenly came alive. The mids and bass are much better defined; the transients are faster. The 3500 is pure class A for the first 15wpc. The sound is clean and refined. There is no discernable noise floor. I was unsure whether the upgrade would be noticeable...it is one of my best!

2. GregoriusM

GregoriusM Second Unit

A friend of mine has HCA amps and swears by them. He's auditioned Parasound beside them, and notices quite a difference.

So much for the theory that the electronics don't have their own sound, eh? ;-)

3. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

4. Darrel McBane

Darrel McBane Second Unit

Daniel,
    Haven't you seen the charts that show db readings at 1 meter with 1 watt for your speakers? You shouldn't need more than 30 watts max to reach listening levels! [​IMG]
    By the way I'm running [email protected] to my main speakers.
    Enjoy the new power.

5. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

6. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Shane,
    I know that...and I agree...it's a killer. I've yet to hear anything from Parasound I didn't like. I was wondering what Gregorius meant by his post.