What's new

New 32'' HD sets at Circuit City--Hitachi, Zenith (1 Viewer)

Andy_A

Second Unit
Hi--just saw the new 32 inch HD sets at Circuit City. Hitachi and Zenith. I'm looking at the Hitachi. It was priced at $1299. Not flat screen, but it is the only one that will fit in my entertainment center. I know it is too new for any reports, but I'm seriously considering it. What does everyone here think? It had a beautiful picture hooked up to the high def feed in the store. It also does 3:2 pulldown (a feature I assume will help the picture quality of my laserdiscs?) How will it do with onboard 3:2 and my interlaced dvd player until I get a new progressive scan dvd player? Would I see serious improvement? I can't remember, but I think the Zenith was about 1599.

Bill_M

Agent
Check how many horizontal lines of resolution it does. Most direct views are only 800 lines. Good enough for DVD but extremely lacking for HD. 1200 lines should be the minimum to consider. However it will produce a picture with far better color quality for SD/HDtv.
[Edited last by Bill_M on October 04, 2001 at 06:52 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks