What's new
World Wide Stereo

New 3-D Technology (1 Viewer)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Not sure where in the forum this really belongs, but I thought some would be interested in this article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette about the development of a new technology for stereo vision. Could eventually have some home theater/gaming applications.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04271/385936.stm

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
i honestly think 3d will be the next video format after HDTV. instead of getting even better quality/resolution, we (as americans), will want even more, and go straight to 3D.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
This may have been posted elsewhere, but if it has, I cannot find it.

CBS Experimenting With Converting Star Trek TV Series To 3-D: Moonves Not Convinced There Is A Market

http://trekmovie.com/2010/04/29/cbs-experimenting-with-converting-star-trek-tv-series-to-3-d-moonves-not-convinced-there-is-a-market/

I find this interesting. But, I doubt it's for me. For one thing, I could not get used to wearing those glasses (nor would I want to). But more than this is that the television viewing experience is for me fine as is. I don't desire any change, in other words.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
And search strikes again, and a 6 year old thread breathes again!

Saw that article. Good to look back and see what we thought years ago, and where it is now.

Kazz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I will buy 3D when its perfected and the price come down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks