What's new

Neverending Story 2 - Very Nice (1 Viewer)

AaronJB

Second Unit
The presentation of the first one has been discussed for the past few days, but I actually have taken a look at the first one this morning and was generally pleased with what I saw.
The film is presented in both 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen and Pan & Scan. The 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen presentation is quite good. I only saw one or two tiny speckles and only a few very minor little bits of pixelation. Colors looked bright and bold. In fact, the presentation looked nice enough that it made the special effects even a little more obvious than they've probably been in previous editions.
Sound was a decent, if unremarkable Dolby 2.0.
So, both "Neverending Stories" have really received fine efforts from Warner Brothers in terms of presentation. Supplements are lacking, but discs are priced nice.
And yes, I do know that the sequel kinda sucked. (kinda being an understatement)
My Site; A Guide To Current DVD

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
What ratio is "Box Office Bunny" presented in?
This is the very first Warner Bros. cartoon to be released to DVD and it would be nice if they started off with a good presentation.
BTW, the cartoon was meant for 1.85:1 matting (it's 1.33:1 unmatted) and has Dolby Surround sound. Does the DVD version differ?
------------------
P.S.: There's no P.S.

AaronJB

Second Unit
Patrick -
After reading your response, I thought "what Box Office Bunny?". I didn't remember there being a cartoon attached until I did a little research.
Unfortunately, "Box Office Bunny" is nowhere to be found. I'd guess at some sort of rights issue, but don't know for sure. It's not one of the extra features, either - the film simply starts as the film, with nothing before it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks