What's new

Netflix debuts new UX (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
According to Netflix, they have just released the biggest update in Netflix history to their TV experience.

The update is seen with across a variety of platforms including Roku3, Smart TV's, Blu-Ray players and game consoles.

New%20Netflix%20TV%20Experience_US.jpg

While traversing the navigation of the streaming library, there will be three large images for each show/movie and full context about the title rather than just the name. There is a shorter, more descriptive synopsis as well as personalized information to provide more detail about why you should watch a specific title. This information changes based on your viewing habits, taste preferences or your social networking.Within each title, you will see a better synopsis of the film, along with details about the cast. For TV episodes, each episodes has its own image along with a better synopsis, as well. When searching, there is now a "visual" experience, and you can now search for actors and directors along with regular titles.

Anyone playing with this?

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Yes, it is an improved user experience. However, the thing I'm missing is the xxx/xxx number count for each category so I know when I've browsed through a list. Especially with My List which is still limited to 500. For a while they were allowing it to be beyond 500 (I had Queue/My List near 700) but it's now limited again.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
One thing I wish they'd fix...rather create...like Hulu/Crackle etc...Automatic cross reference for movies.Not even sure they have this one, but...If I search Rabid Dogs and come up empty, why not come up with Kidnapped? Stupid they don't have title cross reference.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
questrider said:
Yes, it is an improved user experience. However, the thing I'm missing is the xxx/xxx number count for each category so I know when I've browsed through a list. Especially with My List which is still limited to 500. For a while they were allowing it to be beyond 500 (I had Queue/My List near 700) but it's now limited again.
That, and the listing of when the title was about to expire.
(I often don't get around to seeing one of my older back-queue films until they have two-week notice, and twice a month I see what pot-luck I get to watch.)Without having to open each and every listing, to find the date inside.

Oh, and it won't let you browse through different seasons of TV episodes if you still have one unfinished.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks