What's new

neocron offline demo..anyone try it yet? (1 Viewer)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
I downloaded the offline demo of Neocron, the new SCiFi futuristic MMORPG. I must say I was very impressed. Im not a big fan of MMORPGs, mainly because of the monthly fees, but this one might be my first foray into the world of MMORGP.

The graphics in this game seem way more advanced that the screenshots Ive seen of Everquest, plus im not a fan of fantasy worlds, Im much more partial to SciFi stuff.

The interface for this game is very very similar to that of System Shock 2 (is it made by the same developers??). Its a FPS style game, but you can choose different views like 3rd person etc. Your character can have all these enhancements like implants etc, and has the ability to "construct" weapons and tools based on raw materials found/purchased in the game. Very kool Idea. In the offline demo, one of your objectives is to build a Rocket Launcher.

Again, I think this game looks pretty cool and Im pretty excited to see it released this Novemeber.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
"offline" demo?

Is that the same thing as single player? I didn't think this game had a single player component.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
yeah, it doesnt have a single player component to it, but this demo just lets you get a feel for the interface and the environments. there are a few stormbots walking around..and some shopkeepers.

i guess the only difference is that there are no "human" players walking around too.

it still a cool idea though, because it pretty much convinced me that I want to play it when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks