What's new

need to understand some differences in composite inputs/outputs and other in/outs (1 Viewer)

David D. C.

Stunt Coordinator
1. what is 6-ch analog ext.inputs?????

2. what are anolog pre outputs used for???

3. what is the diff between compoiste video inputs /outputs and componet video inputs/outputs???

i have an idea on componet video inputs/outputs but which do i use lets say for the vcr for example (lets also say that the vcr has only 2 outputs for l/r and only 2 inputs for l/r) which would give better sound: the analog input, the composite input or the compent input seems to me that it would work in all three but we can only chose one so which one

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Ok, First there are AUDIO connections and there are VIDEO connections. Keep these clear.
i have an idea on componet video inputs/outputs but which do i use lets say for the vcr for example (lets also say that the vcr has only 2 outputs for l/r and only 2 inputs for l/r) which would give better sound: the analog input, the composite input or the compent input seems to me that it would work in all three but we can only chose one so which one
You are mixing VIDEO and AUDIO. The L/R jacks are for AUDIO. The yellow video jack carries COMPOSITE video (not Component).
There are 3 types of common video connections for your HT sytstem:
COMPOSITE - This is a single RCA jack usually colored yellow. Your VCR has this type.
SVIDEO - This is a funny connector that looks like the keyboard connector on your computer. This type of connection can give you a 20% better picture than COMPOSITE. Only Super VHS VCR's have this.
COMPONENT - This looks like 3 RCA jacks, but the video signals are already broken up into its 3 component parts. This can give you a 25% better picture than composite. Only professional grade VCR's offer this.
Does this help?

Denward

Supporting Actor
Just to clarify what Bob said about video connection options, when he says these outputs only exist on a certain type of machine, he's referring to VCRs only. Most DVD players have composite, s-video, and component outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks