What's new

Need suggestions for 42"+ WS HDTV (1 Viewer)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Just like the title says, my friend's family just bought a new house and is looking for a new TV. He gave me the following criteria (price range too, but I'll see what you guys say first): Widescreen, HDTV, 42" and up.

If the HDTV tuner isn't built-in, please note as such as that will take away from the total price.

I looked through the threads and found some similar ones, but nothing in the exact range he was looking for. (and I didn't even know what phrases to begin searching for).

Any and all suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance!

Lee Petty

Stunt Coordinator
check out the 51" sony kp-51ws500 for $2k, or the 50" toshiba 50h82 for about the same price. panasonic and tosh make some smaller sets for less, not sure on the models or prices though.
check around at OneCall for a good selection at a great price.

BradZ

Stunt Coordinator
If you need to hit the $2K mark for the set and the tuner you probably want to look at the Panasonic 47" set. They can be had for around $1600 and then you could add an HD tuner for $300-$800 depending on what you're looking for. If simply OTA, get a Samsung SIR-150 or SIR-151 for $300-$400, if you also want DirecTV or Dish HD, then you'll have to spend a little bit more.

good luck.

george king

Supporting Actor
I just saw the Mitsubishi 48" set today, and it looked really nice. I do not know if it has a tuner, but the price was $2199.

Hope this helps.

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the input so far....he says 2K would be about the bottom of the range for his parents, probably stretching towards 3K would be okay. Any suggestions in there, or should I just tell him to pay attention to certain manufacturers like Sony/Panasonic/Toshiba? Mitsu too, I guess.
LMK. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks