What's new

Need Player for my Parents (1 Viewer)

MikeGee

Second Unit
Hey guys,

Its been a while since i've been looking around for a new DVD player, I'm not sure whats out there or what you'd reccomend.
I'm looking for a DVD player for my parents for Christmas for their tv in the tv room. (27" Toshiba Flat screen CRT).
Any player you'd guys suggest?
I have been looking around Future Shop and Best Buy but nothing has stood out yet.

Dick Knisely

Second Unit
Budget? How will it be used (DVD's only, DVDs+CDs, ...)? How will it be connected to the TV. Can the TV benefit from a progressive scan player (480P)?

mark tu

Grip
If your parents are big into high end stuff, the Sony dual DVD/VHS player might be something you might want to consider. I bought one when my old VHS player died - it's progressive scan and for $135 or so it's a bargain. I also watched a few DVD's on it when my old DVD player died - I was pleased with the picture.
Mark

MikeGee

Second Unit
The TV is not a HD tv, its just a basic 27" tv. They don't have any surround setup. Its just a dvd player for their tv room.
I was thinking to match up the Toshiba with a Toshiba dvd player.
I've only owned Panasonic DVD players and have never really had problems with them. Just wondering if there is a good buy out there you'd suggest.
Budget wise i guess somthing like 100 bucks or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks