What's new

Need opinions on Driver & Adire Alignment Set-up (1 Viewer)

Mark.Louis

Stunt Coordinator
My HT room is 20' x 15', with 12' ceilings, and one 20' side opens completely to a kitchen and breakfast area with 12' ceilings. I have a lot of room to fill with bass!! I want to build a SWer that combines both tight bass for music and OOMPH for home theatre.

I have been considering the 12" SHIVA or 15" TEMPEST, built in one of Adire's standard alignments. The biggest constraint to this project is the SAF. I can't build anything higher than 30", which rules out some of the vented Tempest designs that Adire had suggested to me.

Does anyone here help me decide on which (1) driver and (2) subsequent Adire alignment would work best for my room and SAF criteria? (e.g., vented SHIVA vs sealed TEMPEST).

This is my first crack at DIY, so while a sealed design would be easier to build, I would try a vented design if needed.

Thanks.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Shoot for a 5 ft^3 sealed enclosure for the Tempest, you may want to stuff it with polyfill later on (you can experiment with the amount of stuff - I'd initially shoot for 50% fill rate, which is 8 ounces for every cubic foot). Given your limit of 30" in height, you should be able to get 5 ft^3 easily out of that constraint.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks