What's new

Need Learning Remote Help...PLEASE! (1 Viewer)

DanSt

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all!
I need to find a learning remote that doesn't cost more then $50 that DOES NOT loose its learned codes if the batteries are removed (I won't be able to re-learn them if I loose the IR Codes). It doesn't need to learn very many buttons (less then 8). Anybody have any recommendations? Thanks to all!
------------------
...transmission terminated...
Anubis
[email protected]

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I believe the Radio Shack 15-1994 can remember codes long after the batteries are removed, but I haven't tried this myself.
Have a look at www.remotecentral.com too, and take a look at the USER REVIEW section.
[Edited last by Max Leung on July 11, 2001 at 10:34 PM]

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I know the One For All Cinema 6 and 7 Learning remotes don't. I've done it. So that should mean the radio shack one won't either.
I'd highly recommend the One For All Cinema 6 or 7 (the URC6800 and 7800, not the 6200 and 7200). They can learn approximately 28 keys and have a bunch of macro functionality as well. Using a Cinema 6 I have completely replaced all my other remotes (Sony TV, Onkyo Receiver, ExpressVu DSS, Panasonic DVD and RCA VCR).

DanSt

Stunt Coordinator
You guys are FANTASTIC. Thanks for all the quick reponses. Looks like it will be a 15-1994.
PS-Here is a treat for all the help
popcorn.gif

------------------
Anubis
[email protected]

GregoriusM

Second Unit
I'd advise a quick look at the Sony RM-VL900 on Remote Central while you're at it. You won't run out of memory.
Look here.
------------------
.... just me up on my pony on my boat.

JohnFR

Stunt Coordinator
I second the VL-900. All buttons are learnable and it doesn't run out of memory. Great ergonomics. No backlighting though, only glow in the dark, kind of.

DanSt

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I bought a 15-1994. Works perfect. Even tested the EEPROM by removing the batteries for the day and putting them back in and testing the remote. Remembered the commands. Thanks to all!
------------------
Anubis
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks