What's new

Need Help With WARRANTY! (1 Viewer)

JohnClayton

Auditioning
Hello All -

About 1.5 months ago I purchased a Toshiba HIGHDEF television from BestBuy for about 900.00. I opted against the extended warranty at the time, but have rethought this and decided I might like to have one. I called Best Buy and they will no longer offer one to me because it has been over 30 days.

Does anyone know of any GOOD or REPUTABLE extended service plan companies I might be able to contact that will sell me one.

I am looking for a company who is for real, one that pays, and one who is basically no hassle.

I saw one called REPAIRMASTER online, does anyone know anything about REPAIRMASTER?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
John

ps: what should I do?

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
If your TV hasn't been service within the manufacture warranty, it is unlikely that something will go wrong.

You might be better off saving that money towards a new TV instead of buying the warranty. That might be a better investment because extended warranties can be a lot. I know that Circuit City charge like $400.

I'm not sure about these third party warranties. Its a crap shoot. Dealing with the manufacture is hard enough.

You might want to call Toshiba and see if they offer some plans.

If your TV is holding up, I would not buy the warranty. Since you only spent $900 for the TV, you could be better off saving towards a new TV when needed.

StephenHa

Second Unit
all the aftermarket warranty companies I have dealt with on a servicer side have been useless, they don't cover transit, don't cover this and that, then don't pay for 6 months (most shops don't release the set until paid for) I too would suggest toshiba if you want a warranty, usually I suggest buying the warranty at purchase (but only if self servicing dealer which eliminates best buy and circuit city)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks