What's new

Need help with Outlook Express 6.0 (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Hey folks,

I did some tweaking and Windows updating this weekend and when we went to create a new message in OE6.0 we noticed that the big button shortcuts are gone ..meaning, there's no big "SEND button etc. when I create a new message You have do go to "file" "send message" etc.

All that shows up when I click Create Mail is the "From, To, CC, and Subject, then the body of the message to type in.

Same goes for when we receive and email, there's no big shorcut button saying reply etc., we have to clcik "Message" reply to sender.

No idea how I lost these shortcuts, anyone know how I can get them back? I've tried everything, to no avail.

Note: When I open OE 6, there are big shorcut buttons along the top like: Create Mail, Reply etc.

Any ideas where I went wrong??

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
1. Create a new message.

2. On the message menu, select View, Toolbars, and make sure that "Standard Buttons" is checked.

M.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Thanks for the tip Michael, however, that didn't change anything..still no toolbar icons. :frowning:

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
You checked the menu on the message (as opposed to the OE6 menu itself)?

Was the option for "Standard buttons" checked?

M.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Then the only other thing I can suggest (which you've probably already done) is to uncheck the "Standard buttons" option, and then reselect it. Other than that, I'm stumped.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks