What's new

Need help with non-US music download sites (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I am a HUGE fan of European pop and dance music, most of which is unavailable in the US. Therefore, sites like Napster, iTunes, Musicmatch, etc. do me no good. I have tried a couple of UK sites, but can't get them to work here (I would assume it's a licensing issue). Has anyone had any luck doing this? I am interested in legit sites ONLY, and I want them to be CD quality, preferably MP3 format. Thanks!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
To anyone interested, I finally found one...courtesy of XM Radio's U-Pop station (Eurohits Channel 29). The Club U-Pop website (fan-created from what I can tell) has links to several legal download sites. Since I only have Windows ME on my PC I was really limited, but I did find Tesco which has tracks for .79 British Pounds (currently about $1.45) or full CDs for 7.99 Pounds ($14.75). A great alternative to ordering CDs all the time (and the awful shipping charges to the US) AND I get cool new tracks...like the new Franz Ferdinand "Do You Want To"! Well worth checking out (FYI, it's a Windows Audio-based site...)

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle

You can't have it both ways, it's either cd quality (wav or lossless compressed file) or mp3 (lossy compressed).

Glad you had some luck finding what you wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks