What's new

Need help trying to figure out what movie this scene is from. (1 Viewer)

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
Hello. I hope someone here can help me out. I remember seeing this movie when I was young, it came on one of the movie channels late one evening while I was searching for something to watch. Unfortunately, all I can remeber is just one disturbing scene (at least it disturbed me back then). I would like to know what movie it is from so I can watch it again. My wife and I have a thing going right now with another couple where we each try to find some obscure old horror movie that the other hasn't seen to scare the crap out of us each weekend and this is one movie I would like to try.

The only scene I can remember is where this guy (a priest perhaps???) is in a room writing or doing something. Behind him you see this large cross with Christ on it that is hanging on the wall. However, the twist in this movie is that the cross comes to life as the statuette on the cross gets off the cross and comes up behind the priest / person. I remember this being pretty freaky, the figure that gets off the cross and walks up behind the priest is about his same height.

Does this sound familiar to anyone??? I can't remember anything else about the movie, it may be a turd for all I know but I would still like to know what movie it is from.

Thanks in advance.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
MichaelO wrote:
I haven't seen it for a long time, but MAYBE this scene comes from The Unholy (1988) from the old Vestron Pictures of the '80s. I seem to remember a number of things coming alive in that cheesy, but interesting horror film. It starred Ben Cross of Chariots of Fire fame as the priest resisting demonic temptation.
Synopsis :
"Two priests have been brutally murdered at St. Agnes church. Now the unholy reigns, only to be challenged by the purest of mortal souls. Father Michael, believed to be spiritually blessed, is appointed to the ungodly Parish. His ultimate test is a confrontation with the demon in a battle to the death."
Gotta go. The Vampire (1957) is on NOW!

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
Michael,

I'm almost 100% positve that you're talking about "The Curse (Part 4)" in where the priest has his back turned, and is eating a chocolate bar, when the statue of Christ comes to life, and using the nails in his hands and feet, he kills the priest.

This movie really freaked me out as a kid, but I haven't seen it in years, so I don't know if it still holds up.

Please let me know if this was the movie you were talking about.

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
Guys, thanks a lot for the help. I'll be sure and check both as long as I can find them. I seriously doubt either are out on DVD.

Mitch, the scene I'm talking about sounds exactly like what you described so I think I'll try The Curse IV first. Glad to know I'm not the only one who got freaked out during this particular scene. I remember thinking to myself that I'd never seen anything quite like it and it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks