What's new

Need Feedback on RPTV decision (1 Viewer)

I am trying to decide on a RPTV. I currently own a 36" Toshiba. I am stuck in a situation where I can go no larger than a 42" RPTV. I have a wall unit that I am not allowed to get rid of. If I remove the retractable doors, I can get a 42" widescreen to barely fit by installing it through the back of the wall unit (cannot be wider than 40" and have found 2 that width - Mitsu & Toshiba). The long term goal is to have my home theater in one of my spare bedrooms that would allow me to go as large as I want with a TV. But as for now that room is occupied by my teenage daughter so who knows when that will be. My question is do you think it would be worth it to go ahead and pop for the 42" widescreen now or just do with what I have and go bigger later? Is there a substantial improvement in a 6" increase plus the 16 X 9.
I am thinking yes but I need a push. The 36" is my only weak link in the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks