What's new

Need digital tuner with picture resizing (1 Viewer)

u156531

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I need a digital tuner set top box that will allow you to resize the picture manually. I don't want to just choose the aspect ratio from a preset choice in the TV tuner. Those never seem to keep the proper aspect ratio so the picture ends up distorted. Does any one know of a digital tuner box that can shrink the picture without distorting it?

Thanks, Mark

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Many TVs have various screen size options, such as wide, 4.3, zoom that can fix the problem. Usually you can find something that works, but some broadcasters, especially with the digital “side channels,” just don’t deliver a picture that can be fixed.

Regards,
Wayne

u156531

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Many TVs have various screen size options, such as wide, 4.3, zoom that can fix the problem. Usually you can find something that works, but some broadcasters, especially with the digital “side channels,” just don’t deliver a picture that can be fixed.

Regards,
Wayne

u156531

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark

Regards,
Wayne

Wayne, Thanks for your reply. I have a Sony xbr75x900f and I have played around with the screen size settings. I'm trying to make the TV broadcasts smaller and the only option to do that from the TV distorts the aspect ratio. I'm hoping to find a set top tuner that will custom resize the image to a smaller size with out distorting it. If anyone knows of a tuner like this please let me know.

Thanks, Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks