1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need digital tuner with picture resizing

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by u156531, Mar 13, 2019.

1. u156531

u156531 Auditioning

Mark
    I need a digital tuner set top box that will allow you to resize the picture manually. I don't want to just choose the aspect ratio from a preset choice in the TV tuner. Those never seem to keep the proper aspect ratio so the picture ends up distorted. Does any one know of a digital tuner box that can shrink the picture without distorting it?

Thanks, Mark

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Many TVs have various screen size options, such as wide, 4.3, zoom that can fix the problem. Usually you can find something that works, but some broadcasters, especially with the digital “side channels,” just don’t deliver a picture that can be fixed.

Regards,
    Wayne

3. u156531

u156531 Auditioning

Mark

4. u156531

u156531 Auditioning

Mark

Wayne, Thanks for your reply. I have a Sony xbr75x900f and I have played around with the screen size settings. I'm trying to make the TV broadcasts smaller and the only option to do that from the TV distorts the aspect ratio. I'm hoping to find a set top tuner that will custom resize the image to a smaller size with out distorting it. If anyone knows of a tuner like this please let me know.

Thanks, Mark

5. Worth

Worth Cinematographer

Nick Dobbs