What's new

Need component storage help... (1 Viewer)

I have an electronics storage problem:
I currently have 32" Sony XBR that sits on a glass-fronted cabinet. In this cabinet, I have my A/V receiver, VCR, and DVD player. This makes for a very clean electronics storage solution.
Now, I want to switch to a 53" RPTV (Sony 53HS30), which doesn't allow for electronics storage below the screen (this is where the TV speakers are located). Since I have one patio door on each side of the wall where the TV will reside (the wall is 48" wide), there's no room for a storage solution next to the TV. The only thing I can come up with is to put the electronics in some sort of shelving unit ABOVE the TV.
Since this is my family room, I want to make sure whatever shelving solution I use is of furniture grade, not the typical brackets-and-particle board shelves stuff.
Can anybody recommend a nice storage solution? I am open to a wall mounted unit, or a unit that rests on the floor behind the TV and is tall enough to house the components above the TV. A nice glass front would be nice as well.
Has anyone ever used modular kitchen cabinets for this purpose? Thanks for any suggestions.
Cheers,
Chris

Dave Nibeck

Stunt Coordinator
Do a search for flexi racks. I think I remember seeing someone build one for over tv storage.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Check out Patrick Sun's website. Sounds like what you are looking for.

Good Luck

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks