What's new

Need an opinion on this reciever (1 Viewer)

MattHa

Grip
Hello. I have the chance to get the Kenwood Series 21 reciever and amp for about $250. Would this be worth it, or is there better out there for that price. I just need 5.1, really.

Lee M T

Second Unit
Hmmm...I don't really know what all the particular model your looking at has, but you may want to investigate something like the Pioneer VSX-D812K. At your Best Buys and Circuit City's it's normally $299 and sometimes on sale for roughly $25 less than that. This unit will have everything you probably need now and plenty of features for the future. Inputs for SACD and DVD-Audio, all the surrounds modes 6.1 and below, and preamp outputs which is pretty astonishing at the price. It has componenet video ins/outs, plenty of digital ins, tons of stuff for not much more than what you're looking at. I think if you're wanting just an overall pretty good receiver, one from either company will do. Just make sure you get the features you want. The Pioneer I mentioned is pretty hard to beat in the price range, especially when looking into the future.

Good luck,
Lee

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Refurbished Harman/Kardon AVR125. It will suit your needs, provide some awesome sound, good power, lots of inputs/outputs and will have everything you will want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks