What's new

Need an affordable component cable........ (1 Viewer)

BrentJ

Second Unit
What do I do order one from bluejeanscable.com or just pick up a $40 monster cable or go for the $100 monster cable? Will I see that much of a difference on a 30 inch widescreen monitor? Thanks for any help.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Buying fancy shmancy cables for a 30" WS seems like a waste IMO. Of course I'm not a big believer in fancy cables. I use cheap $20 GE cables for my 100" DLP project-ed image.

If you are going to spend the money, at least don't go to the monster cable level (consensus = overpriced), at least blue jeans cables are more reasonably priced.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'm sort with DaveGTP on this one.

I have used lots and lots of the basic GE cables. They work really great and have yet to fail me over the past three years. 20+ different installations.

Available in a dark obscure corner of the store at your local Circiut City. Ask if you can't find them, and do not let the sales person talk you into Monster, be strong, and the salespersons dark side powers can be very strong. :)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I just picked up a 3ft Blue Jeans and it is one heck of a component cable. I'd highly recommend it, especially for the price. No frills, no fancy packaging, no BS, just a well built cable.

Might also check locally for AR Pro2. Inexpensive, but a little better built than the GE cables.

BrentJ

Second Unit
Thanks for all the feedback. I really haven't made my mind up but its between a bluejeans cable or maybe a AR cable.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
www.ac4l.com often has AR ProII on sale or online coupons. I didn't see any special deals going on right now though. Their prices are lower than Parts Express for AR - $32 for a 1m. I order a lot of stuff from them and I have nothing but good things to say about them. PE and Blue Jeans also have great service.

John_RO

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote for the PE cables. I got two optical cables from them for 20 bucks and couldn't be happier. As far as component cables go, i'm running AR. Good cables for the money. I think I paid 30 bucks for a 1m.

Dave Lindhorst

Stunt Coordinator
I am not sure where you live but we can buy a good AR or Advent Composite cable for 9.99 CDN at ExesCargo. Good cables good price. I think most people are a little crazy when it comes to cables. I changed mine all when I found these at ExesCargo but I did not notice any difference from the older cables I had. Picture and audio quality remained unchanged in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks