What's new

Need a new AMP Been researching (1 Viewer)

Randy Ghost

Agent
Been doing research on different brands of amp to replace my old Acurus amps that are failing. I want a single amp or 2 amps for the 5 channels I need and want a quality that is even or a little better then the Acurus amps. I would like to stay around $3500. The amp or amps will be attached to an Integra DTC 9.8 and running KLF series Klipsch speakers. I need no less then 200 watts per channel. What you folks suggest? Thanks Randy

Mr645

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon
B&K Reference 200.5 perhaps, or a Parasound A51 which runs new retail for $4k, but maybe a used or demo unit to hit the budget. From what I have heard about Klipsch speakers, they lean toward the bright side of the spectrum, so perhaps the slightly more laid back B&K could be a better match. The recent state of B&K as a company could be a slight concern, although I can't imagine what could go wrong with one of their amps. They stuff is built to last.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks