What's new

NEC 8xDVD-+r 4x-+rw $89 shipped (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Tons of positive reviews...I purchased one today from Newegg...you can also choose to get 5 free dvd-rs with it.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...152-012&depa=0

NEC 8X Black DVD+RW/-RW Drive, Model ND-2500A, OEM Bulk

Model# ND-2500A BLK
Item # N82E16827152012

Specifications:
Write Speed: 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD+RW, 8X DVD-R, 4X DVD-RW, 32X CD-R, 16X CD-RW
Read Speed: 40X CD-ROM, 12X DVD-ROM
Interface: ATAPI / E-IDE
Buffer: 2MB
OS Support: Windows XP/2000/Me/98SE
Features: Vertical operation possible, anti-dust seal
Remark: OEM Bulk Pack

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I picked up the NEC to tide me ovr until there's a good suplly of Dual burners in Release and for the media to stabilize and come down in price. My older NEC burner has served me well but I'm starting to get a few Hardware errors out of it. I usually never by a product when first released and the price of Single layer disks are becoming too much of a deal.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
I still have my trusty Cendyne 4x dvd-r burner, will be using it until dual layer burners come into the market.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Yeah, I've been tossing back and forth the idea of upgrading my 4x to an 8x for quite some time... But, I have been waiting on the dual layered burners since I heard about them a few months back. Good deal, but my Pioneer 106 will stay where it is for the time being.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I got mine today, and it doesn't come with any software. I went to the NEC web site and it said that because they don't sell these directly to the consumer, they do not offer any downloadable software.

What did you guys use for yours?

Jimmy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks