What's new

Near Dark online petition (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
Done. I'm so over waiting on a DVD for this.
jasvparbanner2.jpg

------------------
My Scary DVD Collection

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Done. One of my favorite vampire flicks.
smiley_spidey.gif
Frank
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nightdog&acceptadult=true
usa_small.gif

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Done!
By the way has anyone heard anything about a Near Dark sequel? I remember it been rumoured ages ago then heard nothing else about it.
Cheers,
Richard
------------------
DVD Collection

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I think the closest in tone to Near Dark is the just released Forsaken, although its nowhere near as well crafted as ND.
Oh yeah, and signed.
------------------
Bombardment Society - Member

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Michael,
Where did you read that?
Alas, I'm not surprised.
This was a DeLaurentiis Entertainment Group release. I heard first-hand how bad the Manhunter elements (what few were left) were and how DEG cared about as much about their films' storage as they did about their very spotty theatrical releases.
GREAT film and high up there on my most wanted list. Hopefully, there's an IP or a fine-grain positive still hidden somewhere.

Simon Basso

Stunt Coordinator
I read about the negative loss on Ain't It Cool News. Harry Knowles mentioned it in passing in a piece about Blockbuster throwing away old videocassettes as part of their move to stock more DVDs. Harry's point was that these tapes represent the only way we will get to see lost films. I sorta see what he means, but where there's a VHS, there's a master that produced it, so I don't see that the film is entirely lost, just don't expect a new hi-def master anytime soon.

Ian Bernard

Auditioning
Strange that rentmydvd.com has this title listed in it's catalog. Albeit listed N/A, but listed nonetheless.
Ian

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
This film is a major favorite of mine! If the negative is lost, that sucks VERY bad!!!!!

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Sending a petition to HBO is pretty much worthless since they haven't owned the rights for many years. Image has nothing to do with it either since they licensed the laserdisc from HBO. I've been trying to find out who controls the film now, but no one seems to know. The only thing that is certain is that HBO does not own it.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks