What's new

NBA 2013-14 Regular Season Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Aaron,Yeah, I watched much of the Bruins game (switching back-and-forth between that and the Red Sox game).

I wish Red were here to see the switch back to the 2-2-1-1-1 NBA Finals format. He couldn't stand it either, and said so more than once.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Nice win for the Sixers to beat the Heat in their season opener. Probably the only highlight of the season, as the rest of it will be more about losing as many games as possible to secure a possible high draft pick.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Ockeghem said:
Walter,Well, it now looks like you will have a few more highlights to cherish this season and that your Sixers will go 82-0. Where do you plan on going to celebrate your championship? ;)http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400488907
On a parade down Broad Street! :PFirst the Heat, now the Bulls. This is suppose to be the season of tanking. I am really surprised that they are 3-0, as I thought they would lose to the Bulls, which was on a 2nd night of a back-to-back. If they can beat Golden State on Monday, then they could very well start out 7-0, before suffering a loss to the Spurs. But the Warriors are just starting their East Coast road trip, so the cynic in me, does not see that happening.I may actually plan to watch more NBA games this season, as I had to temporarily downgrade my satellite plan to save some money, thus depriving me of the NHL. I may get it back up, when the Olympics roll around.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My prediction: The Celtics will finish with the worst record in the league, and will come in third in the draft lottery.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The Pacers will again make the playoffs, only to get beat by the Heat...this time missing LeBron. Or maybe...third time is the charm...

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Walter,Okay, so maybe the Sixers won't go 82-0 after all. ;) They look really sluggish, having scored only 65 points through three quarters. And the Celtics lead the Grizzlies on the road by four at halftime, but I can't imagine that that will hold up.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Ockeghem said:
Walter,Okay, so maybe the Sixers won't go 82-0 after all. ;) They look really sluggish, having scored only 65 points through three quarters. And the Celtics lead the Grizzlies on the road by four at halftime, but I can't imagine that that will hold up.
I was at work when the game was happening, but oh man, did they get embarrassed in their own building, even if it was against one of the best teams in the West. And with former Sixer, Andre Iguodala, leading the Warriors in scoring. Next game is against the Washington Wizards, who are probably looking for payback after losing to the 76ers on Saturday, after blowing a huge lead.With the free trial of NBA League Pass, I caught the final minutes of the Celtics @ Grizzlies game. I thought the Celtics were going to pull off an upset there.
schan1269 said:
The Pacers will again make the playoffs, only to get beat by the Heat...this time missing LeBron. Or maybe...third time is the charm...
I think third time could be the charm, as the Heat seemed to struggle the most against the Pacers in the playoffs the last 2 seasons.After watching the Heat against the Nets, it feels like this season could be their final hurrah to win another championship.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Wow, the Pacers are 8-0, even though they don't have any big-name players like the Heat or Bulls.

And it will take some time to get used to a nickname like the Pelicans!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Pacers don't have any big names?

Granger(if he can stay healthy...the Heat won't make it past the Pacers with Granger, West and Scola)
Hibbert(best defensive center in the league)
West
George

Scola is the link the Pacers needed. He will shine this year not having to carry the forward role.

Hibbert, West and George would be starting everywhere else in the league. Even in Miami. Bosh would be riding the pine. George would probably outplay Wade...at this point in Wade's career.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Oh, I don't doubt the level of talent on the court, and as I said earlier, this could be their season that they overcome the Heat, to make it to the Finals.I was just referring to the fact that they aren't as well-known around the country, as the likes of Derrick Rose or Kevin Durant, and should have said "well-known". The ones who are consistently voted in as starters in the All-Star game, and the fact that ESPN does not go crazy over.It wasn't meant as a slight, just an observation. :)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I know. I always find it funny that Indy is considered a small market.

14th largest city.
18th largest conglomeration.

Even outside of sports...

The symphony orchestra is No 1 in albums released the last 20 years. No 1 in tours outside the country the last 10.
The largest Scottish Rite is in Indy. (at one time one of the 7 man-made wonders and when booted from that list joined 7 most beautiful)
The largest Shrine temple is in Indy.
The richest private owned museum in the world (Indianapolis Museum of Art) that other museums of its type drool over.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Schan,Precisely because it was the last two minutes. I know it's inconsistent, but it's been that way for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks