What's new

Natural Blondes Endangered? (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
This isn't the first time that such a "dire" predicition has been made. British geneticist Steven Jones, author of The Language of Genes, for example, was quoted in the popular press as saying the same thing a couple of years ago. So????
Here's a clue: this isn't a "health" issue! Why would WHO (World Health Organization) be involved? No one would "suffer", even if the prediction were to come true (unless a belief that human life without blond hair is not worth living has some intrinsic validity, in which case most of the world, including Europe, would probably have dropped dead already long ago).

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Even if it were true, I have a feeling that within 200 years people will be able to choose certain genetic features such as hair color from a "DNA menu."

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Brian Perry wrote:
It won't take that long. As discussed in an earlier thread on the near future, genetic manipulation is already here, and, although it is allegedly only to be used "ethically" for strictly medical purposes, both the "cosmetic" and the competitive aspects of gene manipulation on a massive scale are on the horizon for this century, all present denials notwithstanding.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
As long as the natural blonde threatened by extinction isn't ME, I don't care. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks