What's new

National Cinema Day September 3, 2022 All Movies All Formats $3.00 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

On Sept. 3, it’s all movies, all formats, all day for three bucks.

The Cinema Foundation is welcoming moviegoers to celebrate a day at the movies with discounted admissions to kick off National Cinema Day on Saturday, Sept. 3. The upper-limit for tickets will be $3 for each admission.

The one-day event will be held at more than 3,000 participating locations hosting more than 30,000 screens. On tap will be exclusive previews and special in-theater promotions.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I was just about to post the same thing.

This is pretty clearly an attempt to boost sales when the box office is in a depressed state, but I'll take it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Probably Jaws.
The premium screen at my Cinemark (non-IMAX, but their branded equivalent) is splitting the day. Jaws has a matinee in 3D and Spider-Man: No Way Home will have the night shows in 2D.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I’d love to take advantage of this great offer but DAMN those theaters are going to be PACKED!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
DAMN those theaters are going to be PACKED!
I do think this will increase business, but I'm not sure to what degree. I think it still depends on what movies are being shown. $3 is a great price tag, but I don't think it will get audiences out for films they aren't interested in.

I'll be seeing Spider-Man: No Way Home again next Saturday sort of by default for lack of an interesting new release. I'm curious about the 11 minutes of new footage, but they're obviously not going to change the experience all that much from the last time I saw it. Last year on September 3, we had the opening of Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, which proved that people will come out on Labor Day weekend if there is a really big movie that they want to see. This year's offerings seem rather paltry by comparison.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m going to see Spider-Man with the extra footage.
No jaws that day since wife is working.
Also I couldn’t find any Imax 3D Jaws up here in the Minneapolis area.
Just flat imax.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ok i’m going to try to get in an earLy SM in Dolby then watch Top Gun right after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks