What's new

NAD / Sony VL-900 (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I have a NAD T751 receiver and have been attempting to set universal remote controls to learn the receiver's functionalities with varying results. When I use the receiver's pre-set code, the function assigned to the buttons are odd and make no sense.

Most recently, I purchased a Sony VL-900 today. I was able to set it to control my TV using the presets and learn all of the buttons for the Tivo recorded individually, so I know I'm doing it right. However, when I used the preset code for the NAD, I got the following odd configuration:

Button '1': Video 2

Burrton '2': Video 3

Button '4': radio

'3' didn't do anything, and none of them controled the "Ext 5.1" (which I need because I have a SACD player).

When I tried to have the remote learn the additional commands I needed, it just didn't take. Missing from the pre-set configuration was 'Video 1,' which I need for my DVD player, among other things. I couldn't even erase individual button commands.

Has anyone else had these kind of problems with either the VL-900 remote or the NAD receiver?

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Mike: I haven't tried a 900 with any NAD gear but I have set up a 900 for a friend and found it to be a very good remote for the $$.
Take a look at this page at remotecentral. The answer may be there...
Remote Tips and Tricks

Mark Hobbs

Stunt Coordinator
I have a VL900 and had no problems teaching it all the buttons from all of my remotes, including the receiver inputs. Some of the buttons worked correctly after using the code, others I had to teach to the VL900 in order for them to work.

Prior to the VL900, I had 4 remotes controlling:

Sony 27" Wega TV

Denon AVR-1802 receiver

Phillips TiVo

Sony NS500v DVD/SACD player

It seems I have read elsewhere that others had difficulty with NAD equipment and the VL900. Unfortunately I have no NAD stuff so I can't help out much in that area. The link Chuck provided is the best place for info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks