What's new

My world is now Blu! I took the plunge (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I am now the proud owner of the Sony S301. I like it way much. Only flaw is that I can only run Component due to my TV being a five year old Panny that runs 1080i only and was born before HDMI. This still blows SD out of the water.

I own 2 BD titles as of this posting: Order of the Phoenix and the Warriors. And Im getting Ratatouille for Christmas I heard

troy evans

Screenwriter
Welcome to Bluray Matt. The PQ is stunning isn't it? I own the S300 myself and can tell you that your joy has only just begun.:D Check out the upconversion of your exsisting sd dvds on the player, it should make you very happy. Of course it's not the same as an actual Bluray title, but, it is one of the joys of these HDM players. Again, welcome and take care.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Umm...Troy, are you trying to kill Matt's buzz? :) Since he's having to use the component video input, no upconversion of his SD DVDs (only 480i or 480p, but he still might have an issue if it's anything like my old Panasonic 1080i 4x3 set, which only only do the 16x9 squeeze on 1080i material but not on 480i/480p), not until he gets a TV with HDMI inputs.

Welcome to the world of high-def, Matt.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Patrick,
He didnt kill my buzz. I knew I wasnt getting the upconvertion on SD. My Panny is a 16x9 so squeeze isnt an issue.

I compared my buddys sd of HP: Order to my BD and its night n day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks