What's new

My wife says you're a bad influence!! (1 Viewer)

NickGiovas

Grip
Well, I took the plunge today. I went ahead and purchased the Toshiba 65HDX82. I couldn't believe the deal I got. I went to ABC Warehouse, showed them a printout from the web showing them the tv for $2441 plus $250 for shipping. The salesman came back and said they would match the price plus include shipping. He ended up ringing it up for $2411 plus $30 for shipping (total of $2441). I asked them at least 5 times to confirm that it was the right model number, new in a box and that it included the manufactures warranty. He said "yes, yes, yes and we'll set it up in your house for no extra charge. The only bad news is that all of the deliveries are booked for tomorrow so we can't be there until Wednesday".

I keep telling my wife to promise me I'm not dreaming and that I am not going to wake up and find out I never bought the tv. For some reason she is not as excited as I am.

The only thing is that my theater is not done yet, but since they are willing to take it into the basement for me I am going to have them go ahead and move it down there now. I don't want to have to navigate the stairs later. I will probably be sitting on a folding chair for a while (with a big grin on my face).

Gordon Groff

Second Unit
Congrats, Nick!
I'm in the market for a 65" myself, but have not had a chance to see a Toshiba. Post how you like it!
Gordon

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Welcome to the big screen world. As an assignment, I want you to buy your wife's favourite movie on DVD and make that one of the first movies you play on it for the two of you to watch.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
WOW! That's an awesome deal! :emoji_thumbsup:
Congrats! Seems like many of us are finally joining the club--albeit w/ smaller/lesser TVs for some of us! :D
_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I guess I "third" that motion! :D
Of course, right now, my wife's favorite film is LotR--she likes it more than me(!)--and that was the movie that pushed me/us over the edge, so guess what we'll be watching first tomorrow night? :D
Enjoy!
_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks