What's new

My Theater Pictures (1 Viewer)

BrianKR

Second Unit
That is one killa Home Theater you have built richard!
EXCELLENT WORK! :emoji_thumbsup:
I love the projector mount, that was a great idea!
Sorry if this has already been asked, what Sanyo projector model do you own? I am still looking for a projector myself.

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
BrianKR,

From the looks of the body of the projector, I would bet that it is a Sanyo PLV-Z1 or the boxlight equivalent.

And, I have one also :)

Glenise

Supporting Actor
The "Tarje" poster frames look very nice.
"Tarje" is the fancy word for "Target".
What size poster frames are those, 27x40, 22x35 or something else?

Mike Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
richard_v your theater looks great and I currently in the planning stages of my theater. I have a couple of construction question if you don't mind answering them.

How did you construct your columns? Did you use some one else's plans or did you come up with your own. I have been looking online and have been searching the forums for Ideas but I haven't found anything.

How did you design the curve for your step for your stage and what is the angel for it? Is the strip across the front a 1x1 or a furring strip?

Your theater has given me some really good idea's and I hope you can help me out, and thanks in advance.

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
hey mike, im in KC, if you are planning an all out theater as nice as richard's, I could possibly help you with some 3d designs on how you want it to look. pm me or email me if interested

[email protected]

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Very nice theater Richard. The columns, the projector pod, the arched front wall, all very nice touches.

Congratulations.

Curt_Saw

Auditioning
Richard,

Excellent Job!!! I am in the planning stages for a dedicated theater right now. I hope mine comes out 1/2 as good as yours. Beautiful.

Mike G

Stunt Coordinator
can't locate a drooling smilie so I guess this one will have to do.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

richard_v

Stunt Coordinator
I believe Richard has the Sanyo PLV-Z1

The projector is in fact the Sanyo PLV-Z1. It produces a very good picture with great colors. The main seating is approx. 13 feet back. The screen door effect (I believe it is called) begins to show at this distance - my only complaint. From behind the bar (16 - 17 ft) there is no screen door effect.

Any PLV-Z1 users experiencing “screen door”. I have a collaboration disc but have not had time to use it yet - will this help?

A note on my SCREEN.
I looked at various materials before discovering a 60” roll of artist canvas at Hancock’s fabrics. The texture is very similar to the screens I present on at work. I built to screen for about 45 bucks and it looks great!

richard_v

Stunt Coordinator
What size poster frames are those, 27x40, 22x35 or something else?
__________________________________________________ _

36 x 24. I think the mfg. is Furio

richard_v

Stunt Coordinator
Mike Franklin -
Thanks for the kind words, some more answers:

How did you construct your columns?

2x4s. I documented most of the build with a digital camera. I can email you some detailed pictures.

Did you use some one else's plans or did you come up with your own. I have been looking online and have been searching the forums for Ideas but I haven't found anything.

I used my own plans, borrowing bits and pieces from various theaters I liked, mainly The HTF. I did quite a bit of sketching and doodling, but did not work from a list of specifications.

How did you design the curve for your step for your stage and what is the angel for it? Is the strip across the front a 1x1 or a furring strip?
Very simple really, I just drew it. For a smaller, more curved angle, I would attach a pencil to a string (securely attached to a wall or floor) and experiment with the arch you want. The strip resulted from overhanging the top plywood 1 ¾” over the frame.

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Richard,

A slight defocus will get rid of a majority of the screendoor, but still maintain a good picture.

Hope this helps

Bobby

Auditioning
Richard,
Your work is simply outstanding! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Congratulations on a job well done. You should definitely be proud! :)

richard_v

Stunt Coordinator
Can you give an estimate on cost of construction (basically everything but av equipment)?

I did not continually track the cost, but did save recites. I'll plan on adding it all up soon. I let you know asap. The don't expect the cost to be excessive since I did the complete install.

Mike Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
Richard, I would like to know how you framed the arc over the stage. I would like to do the same in my theater, I looked at the pics but you don't have any when it was framed. I you have the plans that would be even better.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks