What's new

My theater is finally done ... pics inside!! (1 Viewer)

chris larralde

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings,

I got ahold of a NEC LT150 DLP projector in July, but due to a lack of funds, it's taken me this long to finish my theater room. Tonight will be my second night using the unit, so I thought I'd share my results. Ignore the screen, it's still a home made work in progress. The projector is mounted on the rear ceiling but it's out of view.

This was an interesting project because the room was small ... only 9.5X13. I think it turned out well and it feels bigger than it is.

chris

Kevin George

Stunt Coordinator
chris,
very nice use of a smaller space. the theater looks sharp and comfortable.
what kind of light is that in the back corner?
kevin

chris larralde

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, thanks for all the kind words! :)
I'm pretty green when it comes to construction so this was a real headache for me LOL! I'm glad that I can finally relax and share my experience. It really is a dream come true.
Kevin,
The lamp and chairs are from Ikea. It's one of those crumpled paper lights that is very diffuse and moody. It looks much brighter in the pic.
I'm really tickled with what this projector can do! My screen is painted muslin, 52" X92" and if I slightly defocus the lense, the pixels completely disapear from my seat.
I'm going nuts with my digital camera, so here are a few gratuitous screen shots that I took tonight.
chris

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Those screen shots look great! I am printing this out to show the MRS we really do need a front projector.

Ahh.. the chairs from IKEA. A great deal and very comfortable.

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
Great job! I envy you your room. I consider my setup nice, but it is in a shared living room/dining room. I would love to have a seperate room like yours!!! Just a little more room in the back for a bar w/ fridge! Of course it would be completely sound-proofed from the doggone dishwasher and 8 year-old son too. :)
Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks