My 2 1/2 month old S1000 (connect to a CS-Ultra) overheated for the first time tonight while I was watching The Patriot. Midway through a battle scene the protection LED lit up, and when I turned down the volume I heard the fan inside the Samson blowing much louder than normal (also a first). I was watching the movie at a "normal" volume, perhaps 4 db's lower than reference and certainly lower than I've watched other full length movies. The amp also has plenty of ventilation front and back, and no other component sits on top of it. There have been some changes made to my setup over the past two days, and here's a recap on what those changes were: - I just installed a Monster HTS5000 PowerCenter, and the S1000 is plugged into one of its "high current" outlets. Previously the S1000 was plugged into a lower end Monster unit, one that just looks like a big power strip. - The S1000 is now on a switched outlet, i.e. it gets powered on automatically when I turn on my receiver. Previously it was always on 7x24. - Today was perhaps the warmest day of the year so far, so the temperature in my house is about 73 degrees, not really hot but maybe 5 degrees warmer than normal. Do any of these changes explain why my S1000 overheated? Should I go back to leaving it on 7x24 so that the fans are always cooling it off? Is there something about the HTS5000 and/or the high current outlet that might be contributing to this problem? Thanks everyone for your help here.