What's new

My new home theater - In progress... (1 Viewer)

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really excited about my new home theater. My brother and I have been working on the room for a few months now, and phase 1 is nearly complete! I've got a Dwin HD-500 CRT projector, Dwin LD5 Line Doubler, motorized screens by Day-Lite, the Harmon Kardon DVD-50, B&K Reference 20, Carver 705x 5-channel amp, and Definitive Technology speakers! The room will be plastered tomorrow, and then we can paint, lay the carpet, and build speaker sconces and moldings. I ordered 4 chairs from Irwin Seating for the back row of chairs, and 4 cine-loungers from First Impressions (which I am still awaiting:angry: ). My brother built awesome DVD cabinets in the walls which will hold over 1500 DVD's. They are built with white melamine. Any suggestions for colors to match the funky sconce lights from Bass Industries?
http://avanticomputers.com/bob/theater.htm

RajeeK

Second Unit
Looking good. Keep up the nice work and post when your all done to show it off.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Excellent! :emoji_thumbsup: Very nice job there. Looks like you'll have to build another dvd storage place in the near future. That's a lot of dvds.
Jon

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I always enjoy it when people post their ongoing experiences building their home theaters. Having lived through the process, I know the feeling as the final realization takes form.

Excellent job! You will spend many, many hours enjoying yourself in your new digs.

As to color suggestions to complement the sconces? I assume that they are orange? If so, dark blue (it appears there is some at the back of the sconces) is one option. Of course a lot of this depends on the colors of the other items in your theater (chairs, any drapes, etc.). I'm partial to dark grey but there are a lot of choices as long as you tend toward the dark rather than the light (to avaid reflections).

Whatever. Lots of choices and personal taste enters into this.

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys. Thanks for all the accolades. Robert, thanks for the input on the colors. The sconces are actually orange, purple, red, and yellow, but all the chairs that I ordered are red. I also have framed movie posters which will be hung in the back of the room, with cable lights around them. We also put cable lights on both stages in the room, and all the lighting is on dimmers. I was going to order a touch-screen controller tray from First Impressions to house my new controller, but my brother designed a very elaborate "control center" between the front chairs. On this console are two dimmers for the lighting, switches for the 2 screens and the powered curtain, and the touch-screen controller. I'll post some new pictures when the room is a little further advanced.
Unfortunately we got a snow storm in New Hampshire today, and it prevented the plasterer from finishing the room.:angry:
I'm tired of waiting. Patience is not my strong point!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks