What's new

"My Name is Earl" - Aug 28 in the UK, what about here?? (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
If the music rights are a mess, then I will be so pissed at the studio for being so incredibly stupid not to include DVD rights in the initial music licensing contract. They would've had to know the show would come out on DVD, this isn't like the old days when nobody could've seen this coming. That's why I expect the music to be intact and if its not I'll be very pissed.

As for a release date, I'm going to say close to when season 2 begins.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Stupidity might not be an issue. The music budget that they had for the show might not have been big enough to secure the rights for DVD. Or it might have been and everything will be as it was in the broadcast.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
My Name is Earl is one of the top-rated shows on NBC, and as an action sitcom it's extremely well-produced. This show will be 100% the same on DVD.

What I don't understand is how it could be released in the UK before the USA.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
24 is released a couple of months before the US as well. Of course the result in 24's case is that the DVDs are missing many of the special features. So if you're into those you're still better off waiting for the R1 release.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
I imagine this will be the same as the US release, it fits in the time frame - some DVD's are completley different and released a long time before in the UK (like Will & Grace, Friends) but this would fit the time frame of the US DVD.

Some DVD's are released in the UK before and are the same (Scrubs, Charmed).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Kinda OT, but I was just listening to some old Futurama commentaries and they were talking about how episodes run in the UK before the US. I also believe the Futurama DVD's were released in the UK well before the US.

What is the explanation for all of this?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think the VHS/DVDs of alot of Fox shows have been available in the UK before they aired there. I would guess that Fox wanted to cash in by getting them to the UK on disc and sell them before you could see them on TV there. I could be totally wrong. :)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
If it's from Fox, I'm sure they'll do a great job presenting the series uncut with lots of bonus content.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks