"My Name is Earl" - Aug 28 in the UK, what about here??

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Rick P, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

and any bets on the music being munged up???

2. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

If the music rights are a mess, then I will be so pissed at the studio for being so incredibly stupid not to include DVD rights in the initial music licensing contract. They would've had to know the show would come out on DVD, this isn't like the old days when nobody could've seen this coming. That's why I expect the music to be intact and if its not I'll be very pissed.

As for a release date, I'm going to say close to when season 2 begins.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Stupidity might not be an issue. The music budget that they had for the show might not have been big enough to secure the rights for DVD. Or it might have been and everything will be as it was in the broadcast.

4. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

My Name is Earl is one of the top-rated shows on NBC, and as an action sitcom it's extremely well-produced. This show will be 100% the same on DVD.

What I don't understand is how it could be released in the UK before the USA.

5. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    24 is released a couple of months before the US as well. Of course the result in 24's case is that the DVDs are missing many of the special features. So if you're into those you're still better off waiting for the R1 release.

6. RoryR

RoryR Stunt Coordinator

I imagine this will be the same as the US release, it fits in the time frame - some DVD's are completley different and released a long time before in the UK (like Will & Grace, Friends) but this would fit the time frame of the US DVD.

Some DVD's are released in the UK before and are the same (Scrubs, Charmed).

7. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Kinda OT, but I was just listening to some old Futurama commentaries and they were talking about how episodes run in the UK before the US. I also believe the Futurama DVD's were released in the UK well before the US.

What is the explanation for all of this?

8. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I think the VHS/DVDs of alot of Fox shows have been available in the UK before they aired there. I would guess that Fox wanted to cash in by getting them to the UK on disc and sell them before you could see them on TV there. I could be totally wrong. [​IMG]

9. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

If it's from Fox, I'm sure they'll do a great job presenting the series uncut with lots of bonus content.